We are looking for a 1st line support engineer who is seeking a new, exciting opportunity! This role is fully onsite and the candidate must hold a drivers licence.
Job purpose: To be the customer service face of IT. You will be expected to present a professional, helpful and empathic first point of contact for all IT queries. Dealing with all customer contact for IT whether it be via telephone email, face to face or proactively visiting users.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide an efficient and proactive 1st level support service to all users within the organisation. This includes supporting both software and hardware, to help the users get the best service from the systems and hardware provided.
- Manage, escalate and report faults to other teams in the IT Department, and where directed 3rd party support and maintenance companies, to ensure that progress on these issues are escalated
- Log all calls and assign the call to the correct support team. Keep users informed of progress and update calls with notes recording any work done.
- Help in the upkeep of records of software and hardware, so that the company can track its assets and ensure legal use of software licences.
- Follow the instructions of the IT Manager in all matters relating hardware and fileserver configuration so that the security, organisation and integrity of the network are maintained.
- Superb communication skills and the ability to deal with staff face-to-face as well as via telephone or email.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of supporting PCs in a networked environment using remote support tools.
- Knowledge of supporting the Microsoft Office suite – Office 2007 and 2011.
- Support experience with Outlook/O365.
- Supporting mobile devises (IOS)
- Excellent phone manner.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity then please apply with an up to date copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.