Devonshire Hayes are working with a long standing partner, who are on the look out for an Application Support Analyst to become a part of their team.
The Application Support Team are looking for an individual with strong experience in application support who can bring their knowledge, enthusiasm and customer service focused approach to the team.You will provide technical system support across a variety of Underwriting and Claims systems. Primarily in a Microsoft estate, to support both in-house developed and 3rd party solutions.Responsibilities will include support and maintenance of applications, investigating and resolving of incidents, supporting and implementing enhancements and ensuring processes and procedures are documented. You will work with other IT teams, projects and 3rd party vendors to deliver excellent service.
- Provide second- and third-line technical support to users worldwide.
- Monitor system usage and performance, investigate and implement proactive support measures.
- Perform analysis of data issues, suggest and implement appropriate resolutions.
- Adhere to agreed standards of development and release/deployment.
- Work closely with users to understand requirements for enhancement and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that support activities and metrics are within defined SLAs and KPIs.
- Produce and maintain documentation of application environments, data-flows, and support processes.
- Provide support and expertise to projects and enhancements to ensure successful Service Transition into Production support.
Demonstrate and role model the six values of the client by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering high quality work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
- Extensive experience in application support responsibilities and experience in a 2nd/3rd line role.
- Experience in supporting applications built on RDBMS such as Oracle or MS SQL Server ((2008/2012/2014)
- PL/SQL or T-SQL coding experience.
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices, ITIL (Incident, Problem, Change, Release management)
- A customer service orientated approach.
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills.