My client are seeking someone who can look at the organisation and see where they can optimise their cloud efficiency in terms of cost. Someone who will monitor and audit their cloud resources to thoroughly understand cloud operating costs and subsequently, continually improve the overall efficiency of their cloud infrastructure.
Mainly remote, will require once a month in the office to attend meetings.
Based close to City Airport.
Can provide Sponsorship.
12 Month Fixed Term Contract, possible that it could be extended further.
- Working closely with the IT infrastructure and development teams, and Cloud Service Provider (CSP), this role manages current cloud operating costs and estimates service development costs, forecasting growth, total cost of ownership (TCO), benefits / return on investment (ROI), and cost reduction opportunities.
- The management of third-party support service agreements and will assist in software licencing management where this relates to operating in public cloud.
- Ensure cost efficiency and value for money is considered throughout all stages of the initiation, design, implementation and ongoing cloud operations, utilising automation and tooling where this adds value and reduces demand on staffing.
- Review the designs provided by the Solutions Architects to ensure the proposed approaches offer value for money and follow best practices for control of costs.
- Service pricing, TCO, and capacity planning.
- Fundamental knowledge of AWS Cloud and its services e.g. EC2, RDS and S3.
- Cloud consumption costs management, reporting and financial cost modelling.
- Procurement of public cloud services.