Leading international commercial law firm who are trusted advisers to a wide portfolio of clients across specialist sectors: from transport, international trade, through to retail and financial services are seeking a PMO Analyst for their Liverpool office (2/3 days a week office based- 9-5pm Hours)
Along with the PMO Analyst, the Project Management office is currently made up of five Business Analysts, six Project Managers, and three Test Analysts and is led by two Senior Managers who report directly to the Head of Delivery and Change.
As a team they are responsible for delivering change to the business including IT Infrastructure, Product Owners, HR, Finance and other Business Groups.
Introduction to the role:
The PMO Analyst is key to supporting the management of both the portfolio of work and the implementation of the projects themselves.
The projects delivered are defined, agreed and approved by the Executive Committee at the start of each financial year.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility of the tracking and reporting of the portfolio status and supporting the project delivery team to deliver the portfolio of projects via PPM software.
Portfolio Management Support:
- Working with the wider PMO & Infrastructure Teams along with Senior Management to capture the portfolio of work to be delivered within the upcoming financial year.
- Creation of monthly portfolio status reports for Senior Management.
- Working alongside the IT Business Co-Ordinator and Senior Managers to establish the working alongside the IT Business Co-Ordinator and Project Managers to track and manage portfolio / project budgets.
- Portfolio within the PPM (KeyedIn)
- Tracking changes to portfolio priorities.
- Arranging and attending regular portfolio meetings.
Project Delivery Support:
- Providing general administrative support where necessary. Ensuring requests for project resources are created on time and challenging where necessary.
- Training new staff members in the use of KeyedIn.
- Development of reporting within the KeyedIn solution Administration of the KeyedIn solution.
- Providing project management support when required.
- Ensuring project milestones and deliverables are monitored and maintained.
- Ensuring project highlight reports are drawn up and recorded.
- Scheduling and attending lessons learnt workshops.
- Acting as the primary point of contact between PMO, IT Infrastructure and Finance to assign team members to projects.
- Working with the wider team to troubleshoot resourcing clashes.
- Working to develop short- and long-term resourcing forecasts for all teams to assist in team planning.
- Working proactively to ensure lessons learnt are embedded within the delivery process.
- Taking ownership of our PPM Software solution (KeyedIn), developing a deep understanding of the functionality and keeping the wider PMO team updated with change.
- Creating and maintaining the portfolio of projects within KeyedIn and internal client systems.
- Being the point of contact between the software supplier (KeyedIn Solutions) and client.
What are they looking for:
- Previous PMO Analyst experience (minimum 2 – 3 years)
- Demonstrable experience of management of a portfolio of projects and of budgetary control.
- Evidenced ability to track project finances, maintain and document accurate financial records.
- Ability to communicate detailed and specialised information orally and in writing to a wide range of stakeholders.
- In depth and demonstrable experience of Microsoft Office software – especially Outlook, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- A flair for troubleshooting, issue resolution and mediation.
- Ability to write concise reports and complete project documentation.
- Self-motivated and able to manage and prioritise varied workload.
- A positive and can-do attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to handle conflicting priorities within the portfolio and the delivery team.
- Flexibility in approach and a keenness to help develop the role.
- Experience of working with KeyedIn or equivalent PPM software.
- Project Management experience (preferably in an IT setting)
- Experience of working in a large multi-national Law firm.
- MoP Certification.
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Birthday privilege day and Christmas shutdown
- Holiday buy, sell and carryover scheme
- Flexible, agile and home working
- Annual travel season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Financial contribution towards home working equipment
- Permanent health insurance
- Flexible pension scheme
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- Dress for your day policy
- 2 charity volunteering or pro bono days
- EAP with access to counselling
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Access to 10 days fully subsidised emergency or back-up care per year
If you meet the above criteria for this role, then please apply with your most recent CV and I will be in touch to discuss in more detail.