Are you an experienced SQL Data Analyst with excellent communication skills? If so we have a fantastic opportunity that we’d like to discuss with you.
As a database service analyst, you are an integral part of both the IT Services team and the wider IT Department, running and maintaining the ITIL v3/ISO 20000 aligned services we provide across our UK and International offices.
You will work with other members of the IT Services team, including our SQL/BI Analyst, Service Architects, as well as the wider department to assist with:
- Service ownership responsibilities
- Implementing new and improving existing services
- Understanding business requirements
- Resolving business problems
- Act as a point of escalation to desktop analysts
- Whilst a large and growing proportion of the firm’s services are underpinned by SQL, the role holds a particularly strong focus around our finance and practice management services, working very closely with the Finance Systems Team.
What we are looking for
- Provide high-level technical guidance in initiating infrastructure-based service improvements
- Assist in the analysis of enhancement requests and recommend changes as required
- Assist internal / external teams to ensure delivery of technical solutions
- Be aware of the impact of technical solutions in relation to cost and firm strategy
- Provide specialist advice and guidance with skills transfer to members of the Support Desk and others as appropriate
- Take a pro-active role in identifying any issues and possible solutions that may arise within an assignment and communicating these to the manager and customer as relevant
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Scripting / Queries
- SQL Patching
- Power BI (Data Visualisation)
- Windows Server
- VMWare vSphere
You will be required to develop a thorough understanding of internal system reliance on SQL databases, providing key support to our SQL / BI analyst and wider infrastructure team in the maintenance and development of our systems.
If you are experienced in the above fields, please apply and I will be in touch.