Leading Wealth Management Client are looking for a SQL Database Administrator.
This is a hybrid Permanent Position based from their Bracknell, Glasgow or Liverpool office.
In this role you will work closely with the technical support and engineering teams to improve offerings to their clients from a scalability and speed to market perspective. The team is comprised of On-Premises and Cloud Infrastructure Engineers who drive solutions for design, build and operational aspects of our infrastructure.
You will be responsible for all the operational aspects of cloud-native and hybrid data platform solutions built with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure Data Services.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical MS SQL expertise to support the objectives of customer solutions.
- Performance and tuning of our production SQL environment hosted both on-premises and in Azure.
- Ensure the Azure SQL environment is monitored, identify changes required to optimise, whilst working with development teams to engineer out reoccurring problems.
- Assist in complex conversion and installation of customer data, ensuring data integrity and optimal performance.
- Provide support for all SQL Database issues from support and other departments where required to resolve issues.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members. Ensuring knowledge is kept up to date and in an available format.
- Work towards a centre of excellence for both day-to-day performance and incident fixes.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Show proven expertise in installing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft SQL Server (versions 2008 R2 and above).
- Experience of working within a hybrid enterprise Azure SQL environment.
- Proven ability to write clear documentation and articles for end-user and technical-user use.
- Ability to work with a diverse user base and external third parties.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an Agile team providing timely, high-quality user-focused services.
- Experience in continuous improvement and continuous delivery on database projects.
- Experience in providing high-level technical support both operationally and to end users.
- Implementation, management, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, ensuring the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
- Good hands-on experience of TSQL and PowerShell.
- Solid experience of MS SQL SSIS, SSRS.
- Setup maintenance tasks including database integrity along with database index optimisation to ensure excellent performance.
- SQL Backup, Index Optimization, Database Integrity, and other maintenance skills including SQL server patching across all SQL servers. Exposure to Commvault.
- Support the business resolving logged support calls within agreed SLAs, acting as an escalation point for issues that require a greater in-depth knowledge to resolve them.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities outside of standard business hours.
- Ability to provide 24/7 on-call cover support on a rota basis.
If you meet the above criteria for this role, then please apply with your most recent CV and I will be in touch to discuss in more detail.